- Manages first impressions and is the first point of contact in the SILA office.
- Provides administration services, including maintaining organisational calendars, meeting minutes, reports, and correspondence on behalf of the PEO and Administrative team.
- Assists with organising special events for staff, students, board, and community.
- Assists with data entry as required.
- Supports the work of the Academic Administrator as required.
- Works independently on projects as determined by the PEO and Administrative team.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and facility with Google G Suite for organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly capable of working both in a team and independently.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- High level of literacy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic commitment to the vision of SIL Australia is essential.
- Active involvement in cross-cultural mission activities within a local church or mission organisation will be highly regarded.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some biblical training.
- Four weeks’ language and culture training at the Launch course.
- Orientation workshops, held at Wycliffe’s National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.
If this sounds like you, please fill in the form below to get in contact with us!
Please note that this is a voluntary role.